Friday, January 30, 2015

Introducing our new CAA: Andrew Bloom!


Hi! My name is Andrew Bloom and I'm excited to be serving America SCORES Seattle this year as an Americorps volunteer through Coach Across America. I recently received my degree in Exercise Science and Health from the University of Idaho, where I also competed in D1 Track and Field. I'm excited to be working with the youth in this community and helping them develop their soccer and life skills.


How did you get into education or start working with youth?
I began working with youth back in college where I became very involved with my teams youth camp that we ran every year. From there I moved on to coaching track and soccer during the summer time.

What is your favorite sport to play?
My favorite sport to play growing up was probably soccer. But the sport I have been apart of the longest is track and field. I was always that kid on the playground who was looking for a race. 

Who is your favorite athlete?
I would have to say Russell Wilson, because he is an exceptional leader on and off the field. He sets a great example for others by never giving up. And... because Go Hawks!!

What is your favorite poem?
I think my favorite poem would have to be "The Road Not Taken" by Robert Frost. I'm not the biggest poetry buff, but this poem has always seemed to stick with me. Im excited to learn more about poetry this year and see the great work the kids in this program come up with. 


I'm thrilled to be apart of this great program and can't wait to see these kids progress through out the season. I have already had the pleasure of working with the Jr. SCORES the past two weeks at Maple and Dunlap Elementary Schools, and look forward to getting to know them better over the next six weeks.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG is that coah andrews and itss me abdi from dunlap and mapple sucks