Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy National Poetry Month!

April is National Poetry Month! 

Celebrate it with America SCORES Seattle! 

A poem a day 
will keep the brain heart soul
at play!

Let's start this wonderful, wordy month with a poem from one of our SCORES Poet-Athletes with a bright perspective for this sunny afternoon. Enjoy!


"When I Open My Eyes"

When I open my eyes I see the world, the forests, the rivers and more.
I see the animals and people and shops.
The parks and the fun, the beaches and the water.
I see the schools and the students- waiting to learn while the teacher talks.
I see an artist painting on a canvas, stroke by stroke.
When I open my eyes I see the mountains high, tall and proud, waiting for people to climb them.
I see the beautiful scenery, waiting to be found.
I hear the waterfalls rush as it goes down.
I see the King of the Jungle, sitting atop a hill, watching his Kingdom.
When I open my eyes, I see EVERYTHING.

-Vi, 5th Grade

No comments: